The Indianapolis Colts will face the Houston Texans for the second time in three weeks on Sunday after putting up some productive fantasy numbers in a 26:20 win at the Lone Star State on December 6th.
The fantasy football playoffs are in full swing so fantasy owners will keep an eye on this game. At the Colts, some players have flipped a productive switch lately, but who are the best to add to your fantasy roster this week?
(Weekly position rankings from FantasyPros.com, based on the Half-PPR rating. Rank starting Thursday of the game week.)
Mark J. Rebilas / USA TODAY Sports
QB Philip Rivers
– Last game: 19 of 28 passes, 244 yards (8.7 YPA), 2 TD = 21 FP
– Average of the last three games: 23.3 of 35 passes, 274.7 yards (7.8 YPA), 2 TD, 0.3 TO = 21.6 FPPG
– FantasyPros Week 15 Position Rank: QB14
– 2020 Texans vs. QBs: 22nd (19.8 FPPG)
– Week 13 vs. Texans: 27 of 35 passes, 285 yards (8.1 YPA), 2 TD = 22.8 FP
Rivers has been in tears lately, for the benefit of the Colts as well as the previously reluctant Fantasy owners.
In the last five games he has thrown an average of 284 passes per game and 10 TDs compared to two INTs.
Rivers had a very imaginative performance against Houston and is one of five opposing QBs that year to throw at least 250 yards and two TDs against the Texans.
Kirby Lee / USA TODAY Sports
RB Jonathan Taylor
– Last game: 20 transfers, 150 yards, 2 receptions (2 targets), 15 yards, 2 TD = 29.5 FP
– Average of the last three games: 18.3 transfers, 110.3 yards, 3 receptions (3 goals), 27.7 yards, 3 total TD = 21.3 FPPG
– FantasyPros Week 15 Position Rank: RB6
– 2020 Texans vs. RBs: 31. (26.2 FPPG)
– Week 13 vs Texans: 13 transfers, 91 yards, 3 receptions (3 targets), 33 yards, 1 TD = 21 FP
The Colts have gotten more into the run lately, and it’s Taylor’s backcourt that dominates. In his last three games, the rookie is an average of 138 yards from the scrimmage at 21.3 taps. He set career bests for one game in each of those games and scored three TDs.
Including David Montgomery last week and Taylor the week before, nine opposing running backs have put together at least 100 yards before the fight against the Texans. They averaged 151 yards and scored a total of 10 TDs. There were also two other runners who had 99 and 98 meters.
Kirby Lee / USA TODAY Sports
WR TY Hilton
– Last game: 5 receptions (7 goals), 86 yards, 2 TD = 23.1 FP
– Average of the last three games: 5.7 receptions (7.7 goals), 92.3 yards, 4 TDs total = 20.1 FPPG
– FantasyPros Week 15 Position Rank: WR18
– 2020 Texans vs. WRs: 24th (25.9 FPPG)
– Week 13 vs Texans: 8 receptions (11 goals), 110 yards, 1 TD = 21 FP
Just like Taylor, “The Ghost” has come to life in its last three games. Hilton scored his first four TDs of the season during that time and has had his top three performances in terms of yards. His slump buster actually came against Houston two weeks ago.
Hilton’s career against the Texans is really something to see.
Hilton is one of nine receivers with at least 15 FP against Houston, averaging 7.7 receptions for 113.7 yards and 11 TDs, resulting in 22.8 FPPG.
Why not ride the hot hand?
Boom or bust
The “Boom” players are at their position in the 15th week of FantasyPros’ rankings outside the top 10, but are on a high upward trend this week. The “bust” players are in their position in the top 15, but could fall short of expectations.
– Jared Goff, LAR (QB13) v NYJ
– Josh Jacobs, LV (RB14) v LAC
– TY Hilton, IND (WR18) v HOU
– Taysom Hill, NO (QB11) v KC
– Miles Sanders, PHI (RB12) @ ARI
– Adam Thielen, MIN (WR12) versus CHI
Who am I adding this week
Here are some players worth buying from the waiver wire. You are 40% or less owned by Yahoo! Leagues.
– WR AJ Green, CIN (37%)
– QB Jalen Hurts, PHI (32%)
– WR Tim Patrick, DEN (31%)
– WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB (23%)
– QB Tua Tagovailoa, MIA (21%)
Are you looking for a podcast? Check out the Bleav in Colts Podcast on the Bleav Podcast Network.